Close Menu
Survival Prepper StoresSurvival Prepper Stores
  • Home
  • News
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Firearms
  • Videos
What's Hot

PRACTICE, OR DON’T CARRY #selfdefense # #militaryeverything

August 23, 2026

GREEN BERET COMBAT MOVEMENT: PRONE #tips #specialforces #greenberet #army

August 23, 2026

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL #tips #military #army

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Survival Prepper StoresSurvival Prepper Stores
  • Home
  • News
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Survival Prepper StoresSurvival Prepper Stores
Join Us
Home » SpaceX awarded $4 billion Space Force contract to track airborne threats
News

SpaceX awarded $4 billion Space Force contract to track airborne threats

Vern EvansBy Vern EvansMay 30, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
SpaceX awarded  billion Space Force contract to track airborne threats

The U.S. Space Force awarded SpaceX an over $4 billion contract for a program designed to track and target airborne threats globally from space.

The $4.16 billion agreement is meant to boost the delivery timeline of a “space-based sensing layer” as part of the Space-Based Airborne Moving Target Indicator, or SB-AMTI, project, according to a Friday Space Systems Command release.

“By focusing these capabilities to the space domain, we are providing the Joint Force with sustained battlespace awareness of contested airspace,” Col. Ryan Frazier, acting Space Force portfolio acquisition executive for Space Based Sensing & Targeting, said in the release.

By 2028, the award is projected to field a constellation of satellites to assist the Joint Force in eliminating operational blind spots.

The release states that traditional military airborne platforms to trace moving targets are confronting challenges as adversaries develop anti-access/area-denial systems, or A2/AD, propelling the need for more resilient tracking structures. The Space Force anticipates operating second- and third-generation SB-AMTI systems by 2035.

The SB-AMTI program represents a “deeper collaboration” within the government space industrial base as it utilizes space-based sensors, secure and quick communication connections and ground processing, the announcement reads.

“We will not leverage any one single provider; instead, we are partnering with a highly diversified pool of traditional and non-traditional vendors, each bringing various capabilities to support the SB-AMTI architecture, ensuring the Joint Force has access to a strong, competitive industrial base well into the future,” Frazier said.

The Portfolio Acquisition Executive for SBST granted the Other Transaction Authority agreement by using a hybrid acquisition model to combine the OTA with an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity acquisition approach, the release says.

SpaceX is not the only company in the SB-AMTI vendor pool. Others selected were announced by Secretary of the Air Force Troy Meink in April 2026 during the Space Symposium, but their identities and pricing were withheld for national security reasons.

The release says that this agreement established “initial SB-AMTI capability,” but the Space Force expects to issue numerous awards in the next year to expand their diverse vendor pool.

Within the Department of the Air Force fiscal year 2027 budget request of $338.8 billion, the Space Force seeks $7.06 billion in funding for the SB-AMTI program to expand its high-band radar system’s coverage regionally, and potentially globally, for detecting and tracking airborne threats, according to budget documents.

Cristina Stassis is a reporter covering stories surrounding the defense industry, national security, military/veteran affairs and more. She previously worked as an editorial fellow for Defense News in 2024 where she assisted the newsroom in breaking news across Sightline Media Group.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Behind the $1 million viral moment: The life of Navy veteran and ‘Beast Games’ standout

Incidents of sexual assault, harassment continue to drop in US military, report finds

Every combat medic is trained for the wound. We should train them for what comes next.

Some military barracks ‘chronically neglected’ due to $285 billion in maintenance backlogs, GAO finds

Marine Corps may charter more commercial vessels amid experimentation efforts

US Army to end experimental drone battalion in Europe

Don't Miss

GREEN BERET COMBAT MOVEMENT: PRONE #tips #specialforces #greenberet #army

Videos August 23, 2026

Watch full video on YouTube

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL #tips #military #army

August 23, 2026

Sniper School Stalk, filmed on VHS in 1994 #sniper #tacticalrifleman #vhs #military

August 23, 2026

The Special Forces “Metal and Meat” Drill # #militaryeverything # #militarypower #tips

August 23, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox.

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2026 Survival Prepper Stores. All rights reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.