Close Menu
Survival Prepper StoresSurvival Prepper Stores
  • Home
  • News
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Firearms
  • Videos
What's Hot

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL #tips #military #army

August 23, 2026

Sniper School Stalk, filmed on VHS in 1994 #sniper #tacticalrifleman #vhs #military

August 23, 2026

The Special Forces “Metal and Meat” Drill # #militaryeverything # #militarypower #tips

August 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Survival Prepper StoresSurvival Prepper Stores
  • Home
  • News
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Firearms
  • Videos
Survival Prepper StoresSurvival Prepper Stores
Join Us
Home » Joint Chiefs head makes first official visit to post-Maduro Venezuela
News

Joint Chiefs head makes first official visit to post-Maduro Venezuela

Vern EvansBy Vern EvansJune 5, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Joint Chiefs head makes first official visit to post-Maduro Venezuela

Gen. Dan Caine, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, made his first official trip to Venezuela this week, five months after the high-risk U.S. military operation that removed the country’s strongman leader, Nicolás Maduro, from power.

Caine held bilateral discussions with senior leaders of the interim government and with U.S. embassy personnel. During those meetings, he underscored the importance of Venezuelan stability, broader security across the Western Hemisphere and the military’s commitment to implementing Trump’s “three-phase plan,” Joe Holstead, a spokesman for Caine, said in a statement.

The plan focuses on avoiding chaos, bolstering an economic recovery and — eventually — facilitating a transition to democracy.

A key pillar of the effort has been restoring Venezuela’s oil industry, which Trump previously characterized as a “total bust.”

All of that changed with Operation Absolute Resolve. The sprawling military raid — which involved more than 150 aircraft — culminated in Delta Force commandos descending on a heavily fortified compound and capturing Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores. The pair were later flown to New York, where they each face criminal charges.

The U.S. military, meanwhile, continues to maintain a robust presence in the region, with the USS Nimitz Carrier Strike Group sailing into the Caribbean in May.

Since September, the Pentagon has carried out at least 62 strikes in the waters off South America, killing nearly 200 people whom the Trump administration says were involved in drug trafficking, according to data compiled by Military Times. Many legal experts dispute the legality of those operations.

Tanya Noury is a reporter for Military Times and Defense News, with coverage focusing on the White House and Pentagon.

Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Behind the $1 million viral moment: The life of Navy veteran and ‘Beast Games’ standout

Incidents of sexual assault, harassment continue to drop in US military, report finds

Every combat medic is trained for the wound. We should train them for what comes next.

Some military barracks ‘chronically neglected’ due to $285 billion in maintenance backlogs, GAO finds

Marine Corps may charter more commercial vessels amid experimentation efforts

US Army to end experimental drone battalion in Europe

Don't Miss

Sniper School Stalk, filmed on VHS in 1994 #sniper #tacticalrifleman #vhs #military

Videos August 23, 2026

Watch full video on YouTube

The Special Forces “Metal and Meat” Drill # #militaryeverything # #militarypower #tips

August 23, 2026

A tip for Shooting Steel Targets #tips #militaryeverything #training #lawenforcement #selfdefense

August 23, 2026

What You Should Do If Someone Grabs Your Rifle

August 23, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news and updates directly to your inbox.

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Copyright © 2026 Survival Prepper Stores. All rights reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.