Iran Launched Over 200 Drones And Missiles At Israel

by Vern Evans

Israel has fought off an attack of over 200 drones and missiles in Iran’s retaliatory response to an attack on its embassy in Syria. Multiple Western countries helped Israel in the onslaught.

According to a report by CNN, both France and the United Kingdom were heavily involved. The United Kingdom’s Prime Minister Rishi Sunak confirmed that British Royal Air Force (RAF) jets shot down “a number of Iranian attack drones” launched overnight towards Israel.

“The RAF sent additional planes to the region as part of our existing operations to counter [ISIS] in Iraq and Syria. I can confirm that our planes did shoot down a number of Iranian attack drones,” Sunak said in a video shared with broadcasters Sunday.

French forces, in cooperation with their hosting countries, helped monitor and detect drones and missiles launched from Iran towards Israel Saturday night, a French military source told CNN Sunday. “French forces in the region have been on high alert since tensions began to rise last week,” the source said.

Head tyrant of the United States, Joe Biden claimed that the United States helped take down “nearly all” of the Iranian drones and missiles launched toward Israel.

“At my direction, to support the defense of Israel, the U.S. military moved aircraft and ballistic missile defense destroyers to the region over the course of the past week. Thanks to these deployments and the extraordinary skill of our servicemembers, we helped Israel take down nearly all of the incoming drones and missiles,” Biden said in a statement published by the White House following a late-night phone conversation with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu.

But this is not the end of the war. This could have been a key component needed to fling this conflict into a World War. Especially considering Biden said he would summon G7 leaders to discuss a joint response to Iran’s military action against Israel – indicating that the reaction would be diplomatic, according to a report by RT. Except politicians are anything but diplomatic.

“We will remain vigilant to all threats and will not hesitate to take all necessary action to protect our people,” Biden stressed while acknowledging that U.S. forces and facilities were not affected by Tehran’s strikes.

Israel, however, is “ready to do what is necessary” in retaliation for the attack. According to a report by the Guardian, Israeli military spokesperson Rear Adm Daniel Hagari confirmed there was a direct hit on the Nevatim airbase by ballistic missiles but said it caused only “minor damage to infrastructure” and the base remains fully operational, adding that a young girl was injured in the attack.

Hagari described the use of ballistic missiles as an “escalatory factor”. Asked about Israel’s options for an offensive response, he said Israel has plans and was considering its options.

“We have plans, the situation is still ongoing. We are assessing the situation, we are showing the cabinet the plans, and we are ready to do what is necessary for the defence of Israel.” –TheGuardian

It appears that the damages done were relatively mild, but that doesn’t mean Israel will not retaliate. This could be the start of the third world war, or it could just be Iran’s version of attempting to “save face.” Israel assumed Iran intended to do more damage, but did not get very good results. This could be boasting or an indication that another attack is incoming.

Read the full article here

Related Posts

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy